Wednesday 30 June 2010

Where I am at


OK

I have finished with building the blog and now its time to start updating it.

As I have said the army I'm working on is a WE Splinter force. Basically they work a bit like the Red Cosairs and are like pirates scavenging for ships, equipment, weapons etc etc. Also not all the CSM are World Eaters as they pick up recruits and strays as it were. It is a one god army as I just think it gives a more unified theme, but not spoiling the chaotic feel.

I like to paint with a realistic style and although not as skillful as say "Eavy Metal" painters I prefer the final outcome and I love getting down to check LoS in a game with realistic paint jobs!

For the tanks I want a weathered feel and there's nothing quite like this book for tips and techniques - Forge World Master Class. I am going to be discussing a lot of the techniques here, but seriously don't just take my world on it. It'll be one of the best £26 you spend on this hobby. You get a high quality book (like the IA books) and some really advanced techniques that I haven't seen anywhere except in here. It is also really well illustrated so just buy it!!



I am just coming off a major loss in mojo and need to kick my ass into action! So there should be some proper pics this week!

No comments :

Post a Comment