Thursday 23 September 2010

A Late One! (ToS is looming and Im pulling my finger out!)

I am on holiday next week and I really want to get through as much as pos before I go away. I decided to put the Kans down and just build everything I need so I can prime and just paint when it suits.

Unfortunately I was up till 1am and whilst building my dred I had to make some impromptu conversions.

1. I dropped the last exhaust whilst gluing it. I heard it hit the box below me - so cheerfully went to pick it up to find - nothing... absolutely NOTHING - GONE - AAARGH. After a few whispered swear words and searching - I noticed an Ork boyz sprue next to me and I spied a Big Shoota... put two and two together and hacked the barrel off and glued it in place... Great - but it looks out of balance with the others. So I cut off the first exhaust and made another out of the Big Shoota from the dred kit.... looks pretty good now and different form my 1st dred. Nice.

2. Then I moved onto the face mask where I was going to glue the tusks on. I glued a tusk in place and went back to the sprue to find the other one had gone! I couldn't remember if I cut it off at the same time as the other one... but could I find it NO!!!!

This time I was bah there is nothing I can do about this and just as I was about to use the other smiley face plate (I don't like that one) I remembered you got a couple of tusks with the BW kit!

Excited... I found them and luckily they fitted perfectly and look even better as they are longer!

3. As I had cut off the smiley face plate - I noticed it made a nice shoulder pad...

So unplanned, but I think it worked out OK!!





Then I built three Tankbustas I'm going to use as my rokkit launcher boyz... I like them as minis but cant see me using them as Tankbustas anytime soon so I may as well use them as this. Need to build another three...




No comments :

Post a Comment