Monday 7 April 2014

Infinity and more Infinity!......

And I have been actively been gaming, even going to my LGS!!!

I have pretty much been exclusively playing Infinity.  Im not going to do a GW hate post, but the system has rekindled my love for the hobby and not just painting. In fact the guy that paints the Infinity models (Giraldez) is so good its an inspiration! But wierdly more in the way that I shouldnt be so finicky with my paintwork and just get on with it! (because i will never reach that kind of standard!)

So the game... its a steep learning curve - Im not going to lie, maybe because I have 40k so ingrained in my mind its taken its sweet time for the rules to sink in. The system uses D20s (of course I got fancy big ones - I have a dice problem!)


The game is fast and frantic - even when its not your turn as you react to the active players turn. Your constantly looking for Line of Sight - although now Im an Infinity player its 'Line of Fire' :). The core rules are simple - very simple, its when you start adding in grenades, laying mines hacking and skills etc, the game starts to get in depth and its easy to forget stuff, at least for me anyway! Im really looking forward doing a campaign as I think the game and fluff (Which is awesome) will really make it all come alive. 

My one crit so far, is the models are a bloomin pain to put together, they look great, but man... wow, credit to GW for making our lives easy in this department! The newer models are improving to be fair and I have had some easier models to put together.

My Combined Army is really coming together now and Im going to blast some paint jobs this week...





Oh and I have pulled/torn a muscle in my calf so I cant get out on my bike, so Im a grumpy chops at the mo... I havent had chance to test out my new 'sweet' wheels yet either. I guess it leaves more time for hobbying.


So what of the Raven Guard I here you cry (well the odd person who has read this far!) well, i think they look badass if I do say so myself, and yes they are all black (its a crit I keep getting!) but I really love the finished look and I will be diving straight back on the once i have cleared my infinity back log. Not sure I will play much 40k though as havent memorised 6th ed yet and Im not sure my mind can cope with two memorised systems, but I am supposed to be doing a ToS later this year so I will have to get up to speed at some point!! Thanks for reading and Im keeping this papa updated from now on!

Marts.


4 comments :

  1. Always good to read your updates.

    Now the new Imperial Guard are out I may well play some 40k so let me know if you fancy it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do, it'll be a while! Still have to build all my stuff pretty much! Dont you mean the new Astra Militarum ;) Thats the dumbest name ever. I stand by that space Marines should be called Adeptus Astartes, as it sounds kind of cool and its more realistic to the universe... but Imperial Guard should be that!! Damn GW trying to copyright the name of an army they make - damn them to hell! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have those exact same dice i use for D&D :)

    ReplyDelete