Wednesday 7 May 2014

I think Infinity is my primary system now...

Ive always been a 40k player, and dont get me wrong, I love the universe, models etc. But with all the crazy rumours, the two year shelf life, and the fact the few games I have had of 6th I found it a bit slow. Now I had 5th ed rules down, memorised and that always makes a system more fun, but I just havent found the want or need to scour the rules of 6th.

I actually got into Infinity as a secondry system to 40K, like a Spec Game, something as a fun distraction. Even though you use less models, the games really feel like they have some substance to them, you really have to think about what your doing. When I was a 40k regular, sometimes the games followed similar patterns (not to say I didnt have some great games - I did, some really good ones!). I just think 40k has turned into something Im not sure on anymore, and the cost.... wow the cost! I looked at doing a small WFB Esculation campaign my LGC, I started totting up these seemingly small monthly instalments.. I just thought nooo waaay!

Im not going all Hipsta, and my door is open to 40k, but it needs to be a different beast for me to be interested. and I will play some 5th ed games though with my gaming mates, if they are up for it... ooh and finish the Raven Guard... Every gamer should have a 40k force!

Anyway some newness:



Now I have been looking over the web for ways to improve my Morat force, and I think these guys may be the answer. The Daturazi can 5 man link team and auto hit smokes and are pretty hard to kill. The Yaoget are expensive spec ops guys that can see through smoke and are loaded with some cool weapons ( I also have the sniper so can 5 man link them as well). Finally the Rasyat is an airborn deployment and is basically bad martial arts guy.. so will drop in in behind unsupecting guys and do some Bruce Lee action... or shoot his Shot gun!

 This book is lovely! Infinity Campaign Paradiso, the writing is alot better than the other books.. Cant wait to do a campaign!!



Expect some heavy painting updates over the next month... want to clear my back log!

Thanks for looking!

Marts


(PS will show pics of my Weekend project over the next few weeks!)

8 comments :

  1. How do you like the infinity models themselves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, i wont lie some of the original older models are a bit over posed and meh.... but the newer stuff is stunning, its true scale so you cant appreciate it from pictures. Plus they are re-sculpting the old models fast!

      Also it requires some patients putting them together - they are metal and fiddly!!

      here are some examples of major improvement!

      http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-D3K7VvOkuFs/UyWLKoFThNI/AAAAAAAAGhk/aTFBgfqxT9E/s1600/Sin-t%C3%ADtulo-1.jpg

      http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-inkWcnhzmYE/UwhleVDwLPI/AAAAAAAAGco/zYaa8O62c0g/s1600/Sin-t%C3%ADtulo-3.jpg

      Delete
  2. Wow that's a major improvement. Are they also moving to resin, or sticking with metal casting for now?

    I'll have to check this out. Thanks for the links and the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they would change to resin! But no mention of it tbh!

      Delete
  3. I guess they T of S Tournie at the end of the year is off then. Can't say I blame you tbh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably yes, but more because I just cant get motivated to learn the system! You never know later in the year I might come back, as I say im not going all Hipsta and hating everything GW... Im not even sure if 6th ed is actually bad, I just havent got on with itand there is always 40k hate online so I cant judge it by that... but then you paint some Orks and it makes me want to come back! I possible shouldnt have sold the Ork army I had done and painted! Or the 10K of Eldar I had before that!! :)

      Delete
  4. Looks like Im gonna have to study Infinity in more depth. With everything else Ive committed to I think I'm going to be busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lmao! well, I know you will love the gameplay, right up your alley...

      Delete