Thursday 16 June 2011

Can anyone comment on this Cryx list?

Yo!

I had my first taster game of Warmachine last night and having only ever played 40k and some spec games before was a massive move for me. I found the game in depth. You have a lot to remember with your own army. So I really want to know my first army like the back of my hand!

I have used the online army list maker (here)  to make this list, with only a very basic knowledge of rules and fluff. I don't understand the tier system, but anywho this is tier 1!

I would like to have my list sorted so I can really get to know my army as I'm learning as I'm a pretty basic individual and it will help me use the army better.

I went for a pirate theme, but I preferred the look of the ghost raiders over the revenant crew. I'm down with pirates and I'm all for just picking an army you like the look of, but if you get a dud list it can be frustrating and costly in time and money. I'm sure I will adjust anyway and buy more things, but it would be nice to collect and paint this army as I learn - instead of the buy everything first. Also I guess if I'm not liking the way the army is heading I can change it without having to overhaul a load of minis... anywho less patter...

Terminus - The Ghost Fleet

Lich Lord Terminus (*4pts) (got)
* Deathripper (4pts) (got)
* Deathripper (4pts) (got)
* Reaper (7pts) (need)
* Slayer (6pts) (got)
Blackbane's Ghost Raiders (Leader and 9 Grunts) (9pts) (need)
Bloodgorgers (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts) (need)
General Gerlak Slaughterborn (3pts) (need)
Necrotech & 1 Scrap Thrall (1pts) (need)

System: Warmachine
Faction: Terminus - The Ghost Fleet
Casters: 1/1
Points: 35/35
Tiers:

My first break away from soley playing 40k, Im pretty excited and although Im not buying anymore GW stuff I will also be working on my armies in tandum with this. So it isnt the end of 40k for me! Anyway any pointers would be appreciated! 

7 comments :

  1. Everything Ive read about Terminus is that he needs a lot more undead bodies around on his run into the enemy. Id say give a unit of McThralls a chance as a bodyguard and see how he does. You can also check out battlecollege.wikispaces.com for tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link there, I need tips, its a tricky game to get into Im finding, (but a very rewarding system judging by the games I've seen with the people who know what they are doing!) Im going to look into Mcthralls, they are pretty sweet minis to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. could i perhaps look at the cryx book at some point mart? perhaps i can point out a few helpful combos if i have that in front of me

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, I'll try a remember to bring it on weds...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to make a constructive comment but it's not in my nature I'm afraid so without further adieu: "Doesn't matter what list you have mate, it's still gonna get it's arse kicked again ;)"

    But in all seriousness the link Ryan provided is an absolute fountain of information, I spend many an hour just reading through the different factions on there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah, really has some good stuff on there, walks you through some hopefully good combos, going to try and read up on more than just Cryx!

    I only lost because you had weighted dice - again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MMOGSTOP.com is the leading provider of WoWGold, FFXI Gil, RS Gold,EverQuest Platinum, and Warhammer online gold.MMOG STOP delivers fast, safe and always guaranteed.

    ReplyDelete